The Municipal Revenue Office of Riga City informs that RET payment can be made by:
- On web portals: www.eriga.lv, www.epakalpojumi.lv, www.latvija.lv;
- By transfers through Internet banks or branches of banks. Commission of banks is applied to the service;
- At SIA "MAXIMA Latvija" * stores cash register with bank payment cards or in cash. Commission of service provider is applied to the service.
- At Latvia Post offices. Commission of Latvia Post office is applied to the service;
- By transfers through Internet banks or branches of banks. Commission of banks is applied to the service.
* To make a RET payment, you must present to the cashier a RET payment notice that includes a bar code. Please note that the amount of payments encoded in the barcode is equal to the total amount of payments specified in the payment notice.
If the customer wants to pay a part of the total amount, he must inform the cashier about the amount payable before making the payment.
! Payments will not be accepted if the amount stated in the payment notice is more than 1000 EUR and if the barcode or the transcript of the payment notice is damaged and is not clearly legible.
In accordance with Section 23.¹ (2) of the "Law on Taxes and Duties", the tax payment day shall be the date on which the State budget or local government budget receives the tax payment which it is entitled to receive.
! Please note that not all payment service providers ensure that the amount of RET paid is credited to the municipal account on the same day as the payment.
Section 29 (2) of the "Law On Taxes and Duties" states that failure to pay taxes and fees within the statutory term shall attract late payment charges at 0.05 per cent of the outstanding principal debt for each outstanding day unless the provisions of the specific tax law provide for a different amount of the late payment charges.
When paying RET, please indicate taxpayer's number.
Information about administraive acts on calculation of real estate tax
Pursuant to Section 6, Paragraph 1.6 of the Law "On Real Estate Tax", we hereby inform that the Municipal Revenue Office of Riga City has issued administrative acts on the calculation of RET. You can find information about the administrative acts here.
Information on recovery of real estate tax debt
Pursuant to Section 9.1, Paragraph 3 of the Law "On Real Estate Tax", we hereby inform that the Municipal Revenue Office of Riga City has issued documents related to the recovery of RET debt. You can find information about the documents here.